Stamping Around CT Class Sponsors

Kitchen Sink Stamps Eclectic Paperie Papertrey InkUnity Stamps

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stamping Around Vermont: The Briefing

Ok, it's time to change gears here and talk about Stamping Around Vermont!! Remember, the dates are September 11-12 at the Inn at Willow Pond in Manchester, Vermont. I am so excited we will be in Vermont in early Fall!! Growing up in upstate NY I used to love a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive to Bennington for some antiquing and ice cream - yum! :)

I thought I'd share a bit more information about what to expect. You can view the brochure by clicking over on the right sidebar and downloading the pdf. That will give you the tentative schedule and the prices of the different size rooms. Of course, we will be spotlighting each instructor and sponsor individually as we lead up to the event, but here's a brief overview.

Instructors:

Joanne Basile - Joanne taught a class in NH and everyone loved it! She's sure to bring her signature cheery style and will be doing a bit with Copic markers - which we get a lot of requests for!!

Cindy Lawrence - Cindy also taught a class in NH. We made the most beautiful card set - view Cindy's photos of the weekend and her project here.

Erika Martin - Erika is a new teacher for us by I'm sure no stranger to most out there! Erika, aka the Stampin' Mama is so talented in a variety of different mediums and is on several design teams. Her project, I think will be something new for most of us to try - something fun! I can't wait!

Julie Masse - that's me! :) My class will focus on multi-step stamps and the depth of color and highlighting that can be achieved with these beautiful stamps (that seem to be daunting for a lot of people but I assure you are tons of fun!)

Jenn Shurkus - We are thrilled to have Jenn join us for the weekend! Anyone who knows the name A Muse knows Jenn's name- she is so *creative* and ultra talented!! She teaches full-time for A Muse and manages a papercrafting store on Cape Cod and will be using brand new A Muse products for her class!

We've had some questions about the "level" of these classes and while I definitely would not want to discourage any skill level from attending, I'd say that the classes are geared for the "seasoned" stamper. We figure that most of you out there looking to get away at a stamping weekend have a bit of experience and ask our instructors to design their classes with that in mind. Now that certainly doesn't mean you won't learn anything or that you'd be in over your head! We think the classes are balanced perfectly!! And if you ever have suggestions on what you'd like to see taught at a Stamping Around event please email me (julie@stampingaround.com) or Kim (kim@stampingaround.com) - we love suggestions!!

So there you have it - a brief overview of Stamping Around Vermont! It may seem like September is a long way off but I assure you it's not! I'm sure you all know also that Vermont Inns in the Fall books quickly (I remember my parents taking off on a spontaneous road trip to VT one Fall weekend - they ended up sleeping in their car!!). Therefore, in order to hold rooms at the Inn we need to have you register or indicate your participation ASAP! I'd hate for you to have to sleep in your car or on the couch in the lodge - lol! :)

Thank you to all those who have registered already - your rooms are safe! And to everyone else, don't delay!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like and awesome line up of classes Julie! I'm really looking forward to the Vermont event!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Vermont.
    Vermont is heaven of the earth.

    ReplyDelete